Thursday, November 10, 2011

Orere Point Camping Ground

Quick post time... I finished this layout over the weekend. I've had the photos, cardstock and patterned paper sorted and in a bag for about 18 months... give or take and just haven't been inspired enough to to something with them.
At last I found some inspiration and this is the result...
This was photographed, using my Panasonic Luminex Camera which I've had a few years. Other than cropping to size, no other modifications were made.
This version was scanned as I now have access to an A3 scanner. Again just cropped to size but no other modifications.

The colour difference is interesting - the scanned version definitely looks closer to the original. I also noted some shadowing from the camera version, but they is more a result of my poor lighting set up. My one real disappointment was that the scan cut off some of the page so it ended up more 11.5" x 11.5" but as this was my first attempt, maybe I did something wrong.

The chipboard foliage from The Dusty Attic was painted with the Lettuce paint dauber, then highlighted with the Olive Vine Radiant Rain & Sea Kelp Glimmer Glaze. I then spritzed them lightly with Key Lime Pie & Fern mists. The colouring is subtle but I love the finished effect.

The patterned paper was distressed using Edge Distress Tool, then spritzed with a fine mist of water to wet it before the edges were rolled to give the dimensional edge on the paper. 

Materials:
DCWV Cardstock, Patterned Paper (unknown supplier), Chipboard - The Dusty Attic "Foliage", Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Crushed Olive" & "Faded Jeans", Radiant Rain "Olive Vine", Adirondack Paint Dauber "Lettuce", Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze "Sea Kelp", Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist "Key Lime Pie", Tattered Angels Chalkboard "Fern", VersaColor ink, acrylic stamp, adhesives, glue dots, double sided foam squares, water, distress tool, journaling pen and alphabet stickers.

I have the chipboard in stock at my shop along with many other designs. I have a selection of Radiant Rain Paint Daubers, Adirondack Paint Daubers, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glazes and Mists available as well though am happy to order in colours as required by customers.

No comments: