Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sketch Book 2012 - Pages 2

Some more...


Quote:
"All it takes is one bloom of HOPE to make a spiritual garden."
Terri Guillemets
 Plain blue scrapbooking paper. I sanded the paper with a scalloped template underneath, this gave the outline of the clouds. I then added coloured chalk to add highlights and dimension before adhering the paper to the Sketch Book pages. I hand cut (eyeballed) the curves for the hills and fore ground and adhered these as well. I hand wrote in the quote and added some more chalks to give the fore ground more dimension and interest.
 Close-up of the cloud detail. I'm really pleased with the way these came out. Before adhering the flower I gave the pages a light spray with hair spray to set the chalks so that they wouldn't rub off.
The flowers were all white, so I added pink and purple chalks onto each layer. I then sprayed these with hair spray as well before layering the flowers and adding the bling brad. The hair spray not only set the chalk, it really intensified the chalk colours especially on the flower. Way brighter than I was expecting but I love the finished result.


Quote:
"Learn from yesterday;
 Live for today;
 Hope for tomorrow.
 The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein
The is the last page in the Sketch Book and I kind of cheated a wee bit. I did the calligraphy and writing directly onto the page. No patterned paper its all just pen and ink (so to speak). For me it was just about playing and experimenting, as the whole journal has been so far. Me trying out a whole of of new techniques or techniques I haven't done for a while. 

No comments: