Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sketch Book 2012 - Pages

As the postal date draws ever closer for me to post my Sketch Book away to the Boston Art Library, I thought it would be nice to show some of my creations in it so far. (I also wanted to prove I haven't got so caught up in getting organised that I haven't had a chance to get crafty.)


Here are a couple to check out... more to follow.


My chosen theme is "HOPE". I found some amazing quotes on the internet and have decided to scrap my sketch book with what these quotes mean to me.


Quote:
"Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all."
Emily Dickinson
 I dry brushed pink and yellow paint directly onto the pages before spritzing with Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Pearl. (It doesn't photograph well, but looks so delicate in person which is exactly what I wanted.)
Hand written quote in gel pen as well as some musical notes. (Does it show I never studied music!!)
Hand-made feather wings with chipboard topper covered in patterned paper. The "Hope" was embossed on with a pearlescent embossing powder that shows  from certain angles only.
 Close-up of the feathered wings. I pulled off clumps of feathers from dyed craft feathers and then individually attached them to the wings. The feathers are mainly white interspersed with various pastel colours. The recycled chipboard heart was cut from some leftover packaging. I covered it with scraps of patterned paper I received in a card swap.


Quote:
"The deepest dark, reveals the starriest hope".
Gerald Massey
 Believe it or not this is Bazzill Black cardstock (even though it looks decidely grey). Very simple treatment on these pages. The quote was handwritten with a silver gel pen. The "Hope" was embossed with silver embossing powder on calligraphy letters I created with an embossing ink pen. The stars were embossed with the same pearlescent embossing powder I used on the heart and feathers wings. I wanted the hope to stand out more than the stars. I wanted the stars almost to be hidden unless you stopped to pause and look at the word hope and took a close-up look at the page.



No comments: