Friday, March 16, 2012

DIY - Tags

After watching Dina's video about Warming Up before creating (part of the Creative Jump Start Video Blogs Series on Nathalie's Studio)and having seen all of Tim Holtz amazing tags I went on the hunt for luggage tags so I go give it all a go myself, instead of just using scraps of cardstock as I usually do. I was also thinking ahead for all the Tag Swaps I sign up for.


I went to Warehouse Stationery and found small tags (I think #5 size). Would you believe 5 tags for nearly $6.00 - I nearly died!!!


Being financially challenged at the moment, I decided there had to be a way to still get the same result but for considerably less money.
I was able to find cream coloured cardstock (same colour as the buff/manila luggage tags) A4 210gsm 12 sheets for $6.00. From each sheet I can get 3 #8 size tags as well as having left over strips for smaller tags, journaling blocks and the like. The equates to 36 tags per pack of cardboard - so less than $0.20 per tag - considerably cheaper than over $1.00 per tag.
The quality of the card is nice and the only other requirement was a little of my time to cut them up. The entire pack took all of 20 minutes to cut up, once I had determined the optimal cutting pattern to get the size of tags I wanted.


Ranger Products sells tags in sizes #5 and #8 - which to little ole New Zealander me meant nothing. So a little internet searching and I was able to get the sizes for each of the tags.
#5 - 2 3/8" x 4 3/4"
#8 - 3 1/8" x 6 1/4"


I am already to do some Creative Warm-ups before I start crafting over the weekend. I will share some of the results over the next few days. Be sure to come back and check out my "Exercising"!!

No comments: