Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Craft Challenge - Day 1

Where have the last eleven months gone? 
I can't believe it's December already!!!

I'm sorry I've been missing the past few weeks... it's taken me a wee bit to get back into the routine of working full-time, especially the getting up early every morning. I haven't forgotten you completely... I have been working behind the scenes on some crafting, especially getting ready for the Christmas Craft Challenge. I've also been teaching myself how to crochet... but more on that later.

Yes I am still doing the Christmas Craft Challenge this year. I'm planning to share 24 different Christmas (in a broad sense) related crafts from 1st to the 24th of December. I'm also happy to add links to the blogs of anyone else sharing their Christmas Crafting - just let me a message with a link to your blog and I'll add it to my list.

Today's craft is the Christmas Cards I made for the Christmas Craft Swap on Scrappers Obsessionz Group

I'd seen some interactive cards made of layered circles which open up into tower of circles and I've wanted to make something similar to this ever since. When I was struggling to find a design for my Christmas cards this popped into my mind and I suddenly knew what I wanted to create.

It took a wee bit of trial and error to sort out the sizing for my card as I wanted to maximise it's size but still make sure they fit into a standard envelope... yes I am ever practical (and cheap).

Hopefully from these photos you can see how it works...





2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Cool! And I love those two green papers!
I'll be doing Daily December this year- but no time for crafting Christmas things just recording them. :-(

Unknown said...

Totally understandable Gypsy.
Still I can't wait to see all your pictures of your Daily December!!