Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Craft Challenge - Day 12

Day 12 - Recycled Star

After I had finished making my recycled heart, I knew I wanted to make something else, as it was so simple to make, yet looked really cool. I knew I had some tissue leftover from the box I had decorated for my friend Jude's Secret Santa Swap. A star covered in stars sounded perfect!!

The steps to make this were exactly the same as the steps for the heart, except for the flower embellishment. Instead I added a simple jute bow to match the string. I didn't have a star template, so I hand drew this. To make it  less obvious that I didn't use a template, I made it a stylized design with uneven star points... no one will ever know!!!



2 comments:

Migdalia said...

very BEAUTIFUL!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Miss M.
I was really please with the way this turned out... distressed, country looking for cents!!!