Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Craft Challenge - Day 3

Day 3... Christmas Ornament Swap

Those crafters over at Scrappers Obsessionz keep coming up with really cool ideas for swaps and try as I might to keep myself from over-committing myself, I keep signing up for lots of swaps for that very reason.

First there was the Christmas Card swap, which you saw on day 1. Today is Christmas Ornaments. 

I've wanted to do these for a while... years... I've looked for patterns but just never got around to making them until now... so here they are...

Beaded collars for baubles...

I've made six different colour combinations for the six ladies in the swap... not sure which is my favourite, I like them all!!

Here they all are lined up... looking from the front... 
And the top. 
This is one of the ornaments inside the storage container I made as well. The tube is made of acetate and has a fitted base (but no top). There is a handle to the tube, which matches the string to hang the ornament. I've decorated the tube with a simple strip of wired ribbon and a vintage Christmas ticket.
Looking down you can see hte ornament sitting nicely in the tube. 
 The tube without the ornament inside.
Pink and blue. 
Green and blue. 
 Green and red.
Opal black and green. 
Light blue and opal black. 
Red and pink.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Wow they look stunning!

Unknown said...

Thank you Gypsy.
These are something I have wanted to do for years but never found the time or the pattern or something. I'm really pleased I finally attempted them!!