Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Craft Challenge - Day 8

Day 8 - Crochet Wreath

While I'm on the subject of wreaths...

I've just started to crochet... so I've spent a bit of time online looking for patterns and instructions and ideas and as part of my trolling I've found a lot of patterns that just aren't me... (no offence to the dedicated crocheters out there, but I'm never going to wear a crocheted shawl or hat)...

But I did see a really cool picture of a crocheted wreath... so I figured I could do that. It came with a pattern so the first obstacle was learning to read the crochet pattern... the second obstacle was learning how to make the various stitches required...



After crocheting the wreath (and concluding I am never ever going to make another one) I added a ribbon to hang it from and some beads to give it a more authentic holly look. It's only a couple of inches in diameter but it's still really cute... but yep... never making another one LOL.

No comments: