Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Putting it out there...

Prelude... I wrote this blog in it's entirety then when I went back and proof read it decided it was just far too long, so I have decided to split it up into more manageable chunks. If some where along the way I miss changing a reference from later in this post to the next post and here is a link... my apologies!

I've been busy the past week or so... busy on a mission to put myself out there again. I have received a few notices for upcoming Design Team calls for manufacturers and I decided to give one a go. (There may be others but I'm taking it one application at a time.)
This is not my first DT application and it won't be my last as this is definitely something I would love to do and besides I work on the theory that if I don't try then I have no chance of achieving my goal.
This application is for the Prima Design Team. Like many others I love their products, I just wish I had more of them... so this opportunity was definitely too good to pass up. All I had to do was answer some questions, send some links and pictures of three creations that demonstrated my style... and here is my first dilemma.
This is a question (and answer) that I still struggle with after seven odd years of scrapping and paper crafting. I don't really have a style, at least not one that I can discern myself... maybe someone else has a name for it and if you do then I'd be interested to hear.
I don't have a signature style, or design element, or technique that makes my layouts stand out. If I was to display a few of my layouts along with those of other people, I doubt that anyone would be able to pick them all out from the others. I'm not complaining... I like this about my "style". It means I'm not tied to anything in particular. It means I have a creative versatility and fluidity that adapts to whatever project I am working on. I can think outside the box.
Along with this lack of apparent style, I also tend not to follow trends. It may be that I'm just too slow to pick up on them, but I'd rather think it was that I focus on classic products and tools and designs rather than following (or falling for) the latest hot thing or fad. Of course it may also have something to do with a strict budgetary containment (read lack of disposable income at the moment) I am maintaining.
Anyway enough psycho-babble... let's get on to the good bits. Here are the three creations I sent through to Prima. These photos are the ones I sent through to Prima Manufacturing together with my application. I will be writing some more blog posts with some additional photos to show you more detail of each of these projects.

No comments: