Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fifty {Two} Shades of Grey - Week 34

I nearly forgot to take today's picture... well I remembered this morning but then it was so wet and miserable outside that I forgot but then when I came down to the dungeon tonight I remembered so it was only a near miss...
I don't know why I haven't noticed this before... I love the textural look. Obviously it's metallic but having established that, it could be any number of things based on this picture taken without the flash.
Then I took a picture with the flash. I was pleasantly surprised with this picture as I thought all I would end up with was flash flare and the picture wouldn't be even view-able... but I was wrong. Does the second picture help you discern what the object is from?
Here is the reveal... not very exciting to be honest. It's our front loading dryer. We used to have a front loading washing machine as well but it decided it didn't like washing our laundry any more so it's currently sitting by the garage waiting for the in-organic rubbish collection sometime in the near future.
It is a completely metal, shiny silver at that, encased tube... which was why I was surprised at how well both the second and third pictures came out. Not a sign of flash blinding at all. I wish taking pictures of all shiny objects was this easy!!
Moral of the story... don't assume that just because something has a shiny metallic surface, that is always going to bounce back the glare of the flash.

No comments: