Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas Craft Challenge 3 of ?

We did two ATC swaps for Artistic Creationz, and although not strictly "Christmas" related... they were in December so in my book they count as Christmas Crafts... (we all know how broad my book is lol)

ATC Swap 1 - "Father Time"
First one is my contribution.
The card is kraft cardstock (Yes I seem to use it alot!). I added a thin layer of texture paste over The Crafter's Workshop "Time Travel" 12 x 12 template. I coloured the ATC with Faber Castell Gelatos smoothed with a little water and my finger tips.
I printed out some pictures of grandfather clocks I had download from the internet onto white tissue. I tore around these carefully (wet the tissue where you want the paper to rip) then adhered them randomly over the background making sure to adhere it carefully over the grooves of the texture paste.
Once the glue had dried completely I misted the ATC generously with Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist.
The ATC's I received from the other participants:




ATC Swap 2 - "White Christmas"
This first ATC was my design.
The card is kraft cardstock (Yes again!). I coloured the background again using Faber Castell Gelatos, this time using a much softer palette of colours.
Both stamps are second hand stamps that I purchased online - sorry manufacturers unknown. I stamped the trees using Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee. I stamped the hills first using VersaMark Ink then heat embossed using Stamping Up White Embossing Powder. Using the residual ink left on the stamp, I lightly tapped across the top of the ATC and sprinkled with more white embossing powder. This gave the look of a snow flurry in the sky as well as some snow on the trees as well. I really love the look of this ATC. The finished result almost looks like a water colour landscape.
The ATC's I I received from the other members of the swap.



No comments: